American Early Childhood (Pre-School and Pre- Kindergarten)
- The first two years of education, for 3 and 4 year olds at El Alsson, are called Pre-School and Pre-K.
- This is a time of rapid growth, when children are developing physically, cognitively, emotionally and socially, as well as acquiring positive attitudes towards school and the love of learning which supports a successful school career; so your choice of school is critical at this time.
- At El Alsson School we follow the US Early Learning Standards and Developmentally Appropriate methods for Early Childhood Education.
- Learning in Pre-School and Pre-K is fun and curriculum goals are achieved through purposeful, well-planned play and practical activities which are both child-initiated and teacher-directed.
- The children work towards the Early Learning Standards and are assessed using various assessments to monitor and record their progress and development throughout Pre-School and Pre-K.
- Children must be aged 3+ by October 1st
- They will join a small class of 15 children within our Pre-School Unit, a bright open-plan teaching area, equipped with colorful furnishings, stimulating resources and its own bathroom facilities; accommodating 3 or 4 classes.
- An adult:child ratio of 1:5 ensures a high level of care.
- Children must be aged 4+ by 1st October and have completed at least one year of Nursery education. (You will be required to provide a report from the Nursery.)
- They will join a class of 24 students based in large, colorful classrooms around our large activity courtyard.
- Every class has a qualified and experienced teacher assisted by a full-time teaching assistant.
- Outdoor play areas are designed to accommodate art and craft facilities, sand, water, role-play and an assortment of action-learning opportunities.
Students take part in specialist Arabic, PE, Computer Science, Library and Music lessons; as well as assemblies, concerts, activity days and field trips to support the curriculum.
All Early Childhood classrooms have networked computers with Internet access and projectors providing a more interactive style of teaching and learning. Students have access to the Primary School Computer Suite as well as laptops and/or iPads in their classrooms.
The school field, playgrounds and adventure play areas provide challenges and develop gross motor skills.
Throughout the Early Childhood we provide a caring, happy and stimulating learning environment that encourages children to grow in independence and fulfill their potential.
Strong home-school links are greatly valued at El Alsson and parents are expected to take an active part in their child’s learning. We look forward to welcoming you and your family.
Please click here to view or download the Overview of The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
Please click here for the Student Parent Handbook if you cannot see it below