As Ramadan approaches we know that many of you will have questions about school timings during Ramadan. Please be advised that beginning the first day of Ramadan, the school day will be adjusted with lessons ending at 2:00 for students in G1-12/Yr2-13. The school day for students in PS/PK/K and FS1/FS2/Y1 will end at 1:30. School will start at the same time, 7:50, during Ramadan.
Further information about specific lesson arrangements for the school day for all grades/years will be sent to you via divisional offices in the coming days.
Wishing our El Alsson community a blessed month of Ramadan!
Soumaya Amr, Colin Rogers, Karim Rogers, Allison Fleet and Rodney Boswell
School Directors and Principals
Our Landlines are temporarily down
We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our landlines. Until this issue is resolved, please use the below mobile lines shoud you need to contact the school.
01001617746 Mrs Hala Hosny British Early Years and Primary
01001617747 Mrs Ola Omar American Early Childhood and Elementary
01065524260 / 01281212729 Clinic
01271155229 Telephone Operators
01068811088 Bus Control
01281212637 British Secondary Office – Heba Haridy
01281212560 American Senior Office – Dina Omran
Apologies for any inconvenience
Circus Gone Wrong; A Senior Production
El Alsson’s Student Art Exhibition
El Alsson Alumni Reunion Event 19.11.22
Its FINALLY here….the El Alsson Alumni Reunion! It is much awaited for and way overdue, we are excited to finally have a date for it; SATURDAY NOVEMBER 19th
If you are a parent who has attended El Alsson School (alumni) then mark your calendar and block the day…Saturday November 19th as of 11am. It is not a must that you have graduated from El Alsson, if you spent some years of your life here and consider yourself an Alssonian then please do sign up below and join us on the day.
Be prepared for a day of fun, laughter, games, music, dancing, live entertainment, food and most of all…getting back in touch with your old teachers and old friends.
Location: El Alsson NewGiza
TIme: 11am to 6pm
It is an “Alssonian only event”, you are free from your spouse and your children..its your day off
Please fill in the form below, it is great for us to update our database and to kindly RSVP if you are attending or not.
Admission is free
Parent Council Presentation & Interest Form
It was wonderful to see many of you in our El Alsson Parent Council information session yesterday morning.
As mentioned at the meeting, we are very excited to get this up and running and find a huge value in having a strong, active, and engaged parent council to enrich our children’s time here at El Alsson. Increasing the volunteerism culture at the school will have a huge impact on the overall school spirit and will provide great activities for the entire community.
For interested parents who were unable to make it, please see the presentation slides at the link below. We ask parents interested in contributing to the development and work of our Parent Council to please register their interest by completing this sort form. You will then be contacted in the near future with information about next steps and meetings.
Thanks again for taking the time and for your interest in the Parent Council.
Colin Rogers, Soumaya Amr, Karim Rogers, Allison Fleet, Matt Topliss
School Directors and Princpals
El Alsson R.A.C.E. 25.11.2022
El Alsson R.A.C.E. is suitable for all ages and abilities, and will take runners on a beautiful race course that will start and finish at El Alsson. Runners can expect exciting giveaways and an amazing finisher’s medal, as well as a race course filled with nutrition stations and entertainment.
El Alsson R.A.C.E. benefits from a great race course that will allow runners and walkers to take in the surrounding scenery of NewGiza, while participating on a fully pedestrianised race course that is safe for all ages and abilities.
Both distances will begin and end at El Alsson Main Gate. The 1K Kids Race will take place entirely around El Alsson Campus.
1K Kids Race (Ages 3-8) (3 & 4 year-olds must be accompanied by a parent. 5-8 year-olds may be accompanied by a parent if they so choose. Tickets should only be purchased for the participating children, not the parents accompanying them)
1KM untimed family run
5K Distance (Ages 9+) (All participants must sign up at the link below)
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
8:00 AM Race Pack Pick Up
9:00 AM 5K Race Start
10:00 AM 1K Kids Race Start
10:30 AM Awards Ceremony
The registration fee of the 5K race covers the full race experience including the Race Number, automatic timing service, Race Cap, special Finisher’s Medal and digital race certificate. 1K Kids race receive a special kids medal and the Race Cap.
Deadline 15 November
1K —————- EGP 250
5K —————- EGP 400
To book your race ticket, select your race and complete your purchase through one of the three following methods:
1. Online Payment (Highly Recommended):
Create an account at https://www.thetrifactory.com/alsson Use your Credit Card to pay online (this option is highly recommended and you will receive an instant confirmation of your registration).
2. Cash Payment at El Alsson Cashier Office
Members of the El Alsson Community can purchase their tickets directly from El Alsson cashier windows using cash.
3. Bank Deposit/Transfer to The TriFactory
1. Make a bank deposit/transfer to The TriFactory bank account at CIB (Account Number: 100029925709
Account Name: TriFactory)
2. Send the bank slip to email@example.com
3. The credit deposited in the bank account will be made available on your online account within 48 hours of sending the email confirmation to us.
4. Register for your chosen race using the credit in your account.
*Registration is not confirmed unless all four steps of the cash payment option are completed successfully.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Payment of tickets can be made online (highly recommended for instant confirmations) or through cash deposits at CIB Bank.
2. Tickets are non-refundable.
3. Participants who have registered online can cancel their tickets before the General Registration Deadline on November 15th and have the amount paid reimbursed directly into their electronic wallet to be used for future bookings.
4. Tickets cannot be transferred/resold to other participants under any circumstances.
5. Participants must present a valid photo ID on the day of the event that matches their ticket booking, in order to successfully check-in and receive their Race Number.
6. Following the general registration deadline November 15th, no changes or cancellations will be possible.
7. DISCLAIMER: In the event that the race is cancelled or postponed due to any pandemic-related concerns, The TriFactory commits to a full refund to all registered athletes.
Annual Global University Fair
Buses meeting points for the first two days of school