OPEN VACANCIESPlease see vacancies below
Temporary / Part-Time English Teacher- British School 2023/2024
We are looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic English Teacher to join our British School Team on a temporary / part-time basis with immediate effect. This is a role that will involve teaching First Language English and English Literature and therefore not suited to ESL or TEFL teachers. The successful candidate will work within our English Department, and will join with the wider staff team to promote a love of learning, reading, and to support our whole school’s continuing priority of improving student literacy.
We are looking for a professional who will join our team, adding value through positive interactions, working collaboratively with students, staff and families, and bringing a positive solutions-focussed approach, in order to facilitate excellent progress.
You will need:
- A recognised Teaching qualification that meets the requirements of your home-country (e.g. B.Ed, PGCE, GDE etc)
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification teaching experience in similar role and subject area
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience teaching English Language and English Literature to both KS3 and GCSE is essential.
- Experience of working with the IB MYP is desirable but not essential
- Experience in differentiating resources to adapt pedagogy is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills in interactions with both adults and children
- Willingness and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize, organize and communicate your own work
- Ability to work effectively to a high standard, on occasion, under pressure, meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of Health and Safety & Safeguarding/Child Protection procedures and their application
- Knowledge of computers and ability to use ICT tools for record-keeping and as an instructional tool
- Ability to act as a secondary form tutor and offer enrichment and extracurricular activities
El Alsson British and American International School New Giza is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks.
El Alsson British and American International Schools is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by law.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. El Alsson makes hiring decisions based solely on the skills, experiences and attributes needed to continue to deliver excellence.
We would be happy to arrange an informal discussion about the position and role via telephone or virtual meet. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if this is something you would like to schedule.
Deadline for receipt of applications: we will consider all suitable applications on receipt, so, we encourage early interest to be expressed
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis, following receipt of applications. Early applications are therefore advised; we reserve the right to appoint immediately if the right candidate is found