Online Learning Update 25.3.2020
March 25, 2020
Following the announcement from the Prime Minister on March 24th, school will remain closed for the next 2 weeks. Children are expected to continue with the online learning tasks set by their teachers.
We appreciate the support that parents and families are giving to this process. We thank all of you for the feedback you provided us through parent surveys. We are taking efforts to be responsive to feedback received from students, parents and staff so that online learning is a smooth and rewarding experience for your children and their families. Our focus in the coming two weeks will be to improve upon what we have been doing. This will include:
● Continuing to improve learning tasks to ensure they are age-appropriate, interactive, relevant and can be completed independently by students.
● Providing more opportunity for students and teachers to interact through video or audio conferences
● Improving communication with parents and students through short video or audio messages
● Reaching out to families of students who are struggling, falling behind or not fully engaging
● Providing students and parents with some engaging health and wellbeing resources via a specially compiled website
● Introducing digital school life / school spirit activities for students
We thank parents for their continued support in these challenging and unprecedented times. We will continue to update you regularly with developments and you will receive more detailed information for the weeks ahead from the relevant leadership at school. Please continue to follow the usual channels of communication to contact school.
Stay safe and we wish you and your families well at this difficult time.
Allison Fleet & Matt Topliss